Abu Malik at-Ash’ari reported: The Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: Cleanliness is half of faith and al-Hamdu Liliah (Praise be to Allaah) fills the scale, and Subhan Allaah (Glory be to Allaah) and al-Hamdu Liliah (Praise be to Allaah) fill upwhat is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light, and charity is proof (of one’s faith) and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur’an is a proof on your behalf or against you. All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves. and Muslim Transmitted it (Mishkaat al-Masabaeeh no 281)
it is mentioned in another narration, “There is no Deity worthy to be worshipped except Allaah and Allaah is the greatest fills upwhat is between the heavens and the earth.”
Shaikh Zubair Alee Za’ee said:
I could not find this narration in the Saheehain (ie in Both books) or Humadiee, Muhammad bin Fatuh al-Atharee adh-Dhahiree al-Andaaloosee’s book al-Jama’a Bayna as-Saheehain or al-Jaam’e for Usool as-Sittah ie Ibn al-Atheer’s Jaam’e al-Usool. However Daarimee has mentioned it with al-HamduLiliah SubhanAllaah.
Saheeh Muslim no 223, Daar us-Salaam Numbering 534, Sunan Daarimee 1/167 no 659 and no.679 of a checked Edition)
The chain is authentic upto Yahyaa ibn Abee Katheer in Daarime, Ahmad (5/342 no.22902) and others and clarification of Yahyaa ibn Abee Katheer hearing the narration is present in the Hadeeth of Saheeh Muslim and Allaah knows best.
UNDERSTANDING OF THE HADEETH
1. Eemaan has numerous levels and branches.
2. Wudu (ablution) is half of Eemaan (Faith)
3. continuously reciting recommended words or phrases of Dhikr are greatly beneficial in this life and in the Hereafter.
4. Allaah has placed great effectivity (in terms of reward) in verses of the Quraan and recommended phrases and words of Dhikr.
5. It is necessary to act upon all of he rulings of Islaam
6. Acting upon everything that is established from the Quraan and Hadeeth all the time.
7. Seeking reward by acting upon the obligatory actions and this saves us from being disobedient and sinful
8. Wudu is a condition for the Prayer.
9. One Should continuously remain checking himself pertaining to saving himself from the punishment of the Hell.
10. Eemaan increaes and decreases and oter then this.
11. In order to save oneself from the punishment of Hell one should spend money and wealth in the way of Allaah and give abundant charity to those who are in need of it.